While Kollar-Kotelly's initial October ruling did not halt Trump's ban on enlisting transgender individuals, her latest injunction does.
In October, a U.S. District Court judge ruled that Trump's order to ban new transgender recruits from joining the military can not be enforced while the case is being reviewed in court.
Last month, a judge on the U.S. District Court ruled that the president's order to ban new transgender recruits from joining the military - as well as potentially expelling current members - can not be enforced while the case is being reviewed in court.
The ruling further said: "The Court explained that the effect of its Order was to revert to the status quo with regard to accession and retention that existed before the issuance of the [Trump] Presidential Memorandum".
In her response, Kollar-Kotelly explained that her ruling meant to reset the military policy on transgender service members to the "status quo" before Trump's ban.
She followed this up with an underlined sentence which read: "Any action by any of the Defendants that changes this status quo is preliminarily enjoined", according to ThinkProgress.
Big Test for Manchester United at Watford - Premier League Preview
Alongside the Frenchman, summer signing Nemanja Matic should assume his duties as the anchorman in the midfield for United . Manchester United have lost their last two Premier League away games; 1-2 at Huddersfield Town and 0-1 at Chelsea .
Yet another train derailment in Uttar Pradesh leaves 3 dead, 9 injured
Additional Director General (Law and Order) Anand Kumar said the derailment occurred due to a fracture in the railway tracks. The injured have been admitted to the district hospital in Chitrakoot and the condition of two of them is said to be serious.
Winter Session to begin on Dec 15
Congress and BJP are in a tug of war over the delay in starting the winter sessions of Parliament for the last one week. He had added that if the session spilled over to January it would not be considered as afresh session.
A federal court has clarified DOD can't delay transgender enlistments beyond January 1. Kollar-Kotelly's October 22 ruling had not ruled on this particular aspect of the ban, as she found that the six plaintiffs in that case were not likely to be affected by that aspect of the ban.
Shannon Minter, legal director for the National Center for Lesbian Rights, said the clarification confirms "transgender people must be permitted to enlist on January 1, 2018, as previously scheduled".
Two weeks before Trump issued his official memo instating the ban in late August, two LGBTQ organizations filed lawsuits against the ban, representing six now serving trans military members and two recruits.
"There is absolutely no support for the claim that the ongoing service of transgender people would have any negative effective on the military at all", the ruling said. He said the department would use the time to further study the issue.
However, in his ruling, Garbis declared that the plaintiffs challenging the ban in the case under his purview had "demonstrated that they are already suffering harmful consequences such as the cancellation and postponements of surgeries, the stigma of being set apart as inherently unfit, facing the prospect of discharge and inability to commission as an officer, the inability to move forward with long-term medical plans, and the threat to their prospects of obtaining long-term assignments".